The purposes of the state assembly are the following:
- To study, discuss, and exchange professional knowledge, expertise, and ideas in the field of surgical technology.
- To promote a high standard of surgical technology performance for quality patient care.
- To stimulate interest in continuing education for surgical technologists.
- To encourage employment of certified surgical technologists through cooperative efforts with other professional health care organizations and individuals.
- To promote and maintain communication and cooperative relationships with other professional health care organizations.
- To explore and encourage the diversified roles of the certified surgical technologist, hereinafter referred to as the “CST.”
MSA-AST is a state assembly rich with resources and talents!
MSA-AST is for all surgical technologists, surgical first assistants and students!
MSA-AST is about the practice of surgical technology and ensuring quality patient care!
MSA-AST is like any family or organization: MSA needs all of its members to grow and to be strong. MSA is about coordinating our efforts and goals and providing continuing education; MSA is about networking and professionalism.
MSA is about quality patient care; MSA is about our profession; MSA is about you!